Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Temptation

Did you that 50% of all peopel who start an exercise program drop out in 3-6 months. And 95% who do lose weight gain it back. Why? Because we are fallen people who give in to temptation. So know what temptations make you fail. Stress and emotional factors, illness or injury, holidays and special occasions, the infulance of others, over work, bad weather, vacation? That's just my list of possible temptations, what is yours.
Now when temptation tries to get the better of you remember 1 Corinthians 10:13 "NO TEMPTATION has seized you except what is common to man. AND GOD IS FAITHFUL; he will not let you be tempted BEYOND what you can bear. BUT WHEN you are tempted, HE WILL provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
One of my best temptation busters is worship music. When I feel tempted I put on a worship CD and being focussing on God. Soon I am dancing like David danced and instead of giving in I am working off temptation.
What is your method of resisting? Be an encouragement today and share some of your tempation busters in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment