Monday, May 10, 2010

Exercise

"Yes, exercise is the catalyst. That's what makes everything happen: your digestion, your elimination, your sex life, your skin, hair, everything about you depends on circulation. And how do you increase circulation?" Jack LaLanne
Okay, if your like me you don't like to exercise. I will confess this morning lying in bed I went through my routine in my head wondering "does this count?" No it doesn't. But there are simple things you can do to increase your exercise level. Yes, most of them are little bursts of exercise, but everything counts.
Park away from the store in the back of the parking lot.
Get outside and walk around the block with the kids.
Play -- Angel loves to be chased or to play ball.
Make one extra trip up the stairs every day.
Walk in place while you watch TV.
I'm making a list. Post your mini-exercise in the comment section below. Let's see how many we can collect.
Then get up and get to doing.

3 comments:

  1. by the way, I meant to put this in my post - want an easy, no equipment needed (put a kitchen chair) routine check out www.jacklalanne.com/watch-jack the original TV fitness guru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post. I actually walked today on my lunch in the rain. Suggestion: I have been walking to a music CD that I bought at the christian book store. It helps me stay energized and in a great mental state with the the praise music. The CD is called Walk And Worship (45 minutes of music to exercise both body and soul). Enjoy the excerise routines everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make little, tiny goals to reach. Be accountable to someone for those goals.

    ReplyDelete