Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What if God loved like humans?

I have talked with many women who have heard from their husbands "I don't think I love you anymore." What don't they know? What do they think love is? Do they believe it's all hearts and flowers? What if God thought that way? Would John 3:16 read "God felt fireworks and warm fuzzies for the world so he gave his son and whoever feels tingles and giggles won't perish but live with him forever."
I don't think so. Love is not an emotion of chemistry, it's not a feeling that comes and goes. Love is a choice we make to put the other persons happiness and well-being before our own.
So, I ask you today "who do you love?" Who's well-being is more important than your own, who will you take a back seat to? Your spouse, your children, your parents? What about showing God how much you love him by loving the neighbor next door who is going to hell?
Love it's a choice, it's a fruit that all believers should have in abundance if they are healthy.
So my advice to those women---fall in love with someone who knows what real love is all about, fall deeply in love with Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment