Monday, June 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

You know that feeling you have after Thanksgiving Dinner - the one that tells you you over ate. I have that feeling now. I over read. I read John 15, 16, and 17. Way to much in one sitting. I am having trouble digesting it all. But it was one of those "meals" where once I began I couldn't stop.
And I can totally understand why the disciples often said to each other "What did he say?"
so for the next few days I am going to eat leftovers. I'm going to stay right here in these three chapters of John and take each passage "bite by bite." I'm going to slow down and enjoy every word of my Christ and fully digest what he is saying to me.
I've learned over the years, sometimes the "second day leftovers" are the best part of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment